Saturday, May 31, 2014

Millet Flour Pancakes -Gluten Free/Grain Free



I'm on a constant quest to make a grain/gluten free pancake that my hungry boys will eat. Millet is a seed not a grain, and to me, tastes like corn meal. It is gluten free, and some will say ok in a paleo diet. I bought millet in the bulk section of my grocery store and made a flour very easily in my Vitamix. A food processor would work as well. You can buy millet flour HERE

INGREDIENTS:

  • 3/4 cup organic millet flour
  • 1/2 under-ripe banana (mashed)
  • 1/2 cup organic milk or almond milk
  • 1 organic pastured egg
  • 1 small pinch of salt
  • 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon 
  • 1/4 teaspoon organic nutmeg powder
  • Ghee or coconut oil to coat pan

DIRECTIONS:

- Pre-heat pan to medium heat

- Mash banana and then incorporate egg

- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well

-Cook pancakes on medium heat until golden on each side. Cover in grass-fed butter and organic maple syrup

-Enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment