Saturday, May 31, 2014

Easy Homemade Face Lotion

I have been using coconut oil on my face for over 2 years now, with wonderful results. I wanted to step it up a notch and add some essential oils. 

This was seriously so simple, and took maybe 5-10 min tops!

Here is what you will need; good quality (preferably organic) coconut oil, cocoa butter, and beeswax.  

*I bought all of the above on Amazon!  Be sure to get food grade organic cocoa butter 

The essential oils I used were Young Living Essential Oils; Purification, Lavender, Lemongrass, and Rose Ointment. 

If you are using essential oils I highly recomend using only the highest quality therapeutic grade oils. Young Living Essential Oils are the ones that I recommend and can verify their quality and purity. Contact me to find out more, or if you have any questions. Only buy Young Living oils from a verified distributor.  If you know one...wonderful!  If you don't, I will be happy to order for you. There is too much risk of tampering when you buy them from a third party such as EBay or Amazon. 

INGREDIENTS:

1/4 cup coconut oil

1/8 cup beeswax

1/8 cup cocoa butter

5-6 drops Young Living Purification

5-6 drops Young Living Lavender

5-6 drops Young Living Lemongrass

1/2 tsp Young Living Rose Ointment

DIRECTIONS:

-Heat all ingredients on medium in a saucepan until melted

-Remove from heat and pour into a small bowl 

-Let cool a few min until it starts to harden a bit when you stir it

-Add your oils and stir until smooth

-That's it!





No comments:

Post a Comment