Sunday, March 2, 2014

Chicken Tenders - Grain Free




The kids love these, and so do my husband and I!  I freeze them too, and it's a great fast lunch!

Ingredients:

1 Lb organic pastured or free range Chicken breast tenders (you can also just cut a large breast into strips)

1 Cup almond meal

1 Cup shredded Parmesan cheese

1/2 cup coconut flour

2 eggs (beaten)

Pink sea salt and pepper to taste

Really whatever spices you want to add!
I added a tiny bit of turmeric, ground mustard, this 21 season salute from Trader Joes, and just an every day spice mix from TJ's

Instructions:

-Place the coconut flour in a shallow dish

-Mix the almond flour, Parmesan cheese, and spices together and place in another shallow dish

-Beat the eggs in a shallow dish



-Season the chicken with salt and pepper and any spices you choose. 

-Start by layering the chicken between two pieces of plastic wrap. Using a meat mallet  pound them put as thin as you like



-Next, dredge them in the coconut flour, then egg mixture, then finally the "bread crumb" mixture 

-You can do this two different ways. You can either pan fry them in a little grapeseed oil, or the way I like to do it;

-Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and coat generously with grapeseed oil. Lay the chicken fingers down and cover with a little more oil

-Place in a 375 degree oven and cook about 12 min on one side, flip, then cook another 12 min on the other side


Enjoy!!!!!




**P.S. A little tip, I usually freeze half the chicken after I pound it out so I can make a quick lunch later in the week. I haven't tried freezing them after they have been breaded though. 



No comments:

Post a Comment