Saturday, June 1, 2013

Strawberry Peach Kefir Smoothie

I made mine with raw milk kefir and raw milk, but you can substitute pasteurized products as well. 



Strawberry Peach Kefir Smoothie
makes 2 servings

1/2 cup raw milk kefir or any unflavored milk kefir

1/2 cup raw milk

1/2 cup of apple juice 

1 very ripe peach peeled and cut into chunks

1 cup of frozen or fresh strawberries. I used about a 1/2 cup of fresh (because that's all I had :) and 1/2 cup frozen

1-2 TBS raw honey or light maple syrup (this is optional) Depending on how sweet your fruit is you can cut this out. I will probably always add it because I have a bit of a sweet tooth!

1/2-1 cup of ice, depending on how much ice you like 

-Blend it all together and that's it!!
Enjoy :)

Add Ins
You could also throw in some chia or flax seeds for a little extra boost of Omega 3 Fatty Acids and protein. 

No comments:

Post a Comment