Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Blueberry Cheesecake Smoothie

Do you notice a trend haha!  I get obsessed with things and can't stop!  I'm on a smoothie kick again, and I am even more excited about it this time because my youngest son A loves them!  It's such a great way to get some extra vitamins and nutrients in him.  Also, since I use raw milk and kefir, it has lots of great living enzymes and probiotics too. The raw milk kefir and that alone is a miraculous super food!
This is very creamy and tart. Reminded me of blueberry cheesecake for sure....well a healthier version!  I think using the wild blueberries gives it a superior blueberry flavor. 

Blueberry Cheesecake Smoothie
Serves 2

1/2 cup raw milk kefir

1/2 cup raw milk

1/2 cup unfiltered apple juice or apple cider

1/2 cup frozen organic strawberries

1/2 cup of frozen organic wild blueberries

1 tsp lemon zest (optional, but I prefer it)

-Add all ingredients and blend until smooth.  About a minute of so. I find the longer it blends, the creamier it tastes.  Enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment