Sunday, March 17, 2013

Ginger Chicken Quinoa

Well guess I'm on a quinoa kick.
I call this my superfood quinoa. I had a bunch of random ingredients laying around the kitchen the other night, so thought I would put them to good use before they went bad. This is what I came up with!

Ginger Chicken Quinoa

3 cups quinoa cooked as directed on the package. Replace water with chicken bone broth (store bought works fine as well)

1 cup shredded chicken
You could also just use 2 chopped chicken breasts

1/2 cup shredded carrots

3 TBS Carrot Ginger fermented kraut

-They sell this one at my local Whole Foods.
If you can't find it, you could substitute
kraut for 2 TBS of shredded carrots 1 tsp lime or lemon juice, and 1/4 tsp-1/2 tsp of grated ginger ( depends on how gingery or spicy you want it)

1/4 yellow onion sliced very thin.
Marinate in a little fresh lime juice about 10-15 min

1 TBS of cilantro chopped

Juice of one lime

1 cup of roasted brussel sprouts.

-Heat oven to 375 degrees. Cut sprouts in half and drizzle sprouts with olive oil and salt and pepper cook about 30 min.

1 avocado cut into chunks. Salt and pepper and squeeze some lime juice on it

1/2 pint cherry tomatoes sliced in half. Salt pepper and squeeze more lime juice

2 cups of baby spinach

Dressing

Combine :
1 TBS Annie's Naturals Goddess Dressing
1/4 cup of chicken stock
1 tsp of lime juice

Combine all ingredients. I like this warm or room temperature.


1 comment: